Custom wedding rings are becoming increasingly popular as people want to be able to give or own a ring that is truly one of a kind. There’s also the benefit of being able to create a piece that truly reflects the personality of whoever you’re proposing to.
This trend is perfect for geeks who love to own and show off anything from their favourite fandom. If your partner is a geek then consider buying beautiful custom designed engagement rings based on their favourite genre, TV shows, anime/manga, video game, book, or movie. Here are a few ideas to help inspire you.
Just in time for Halloween, here are some ideas for designing a ring for someone who loves anything related to horror.
- Consider getting a ring with a black diamond or other black gemstones
- Incorporate skulls somehow – like two of them facing away from the gemstone
- Go for gothic if you want something a little more traditional/antique looking
- A claw-like shape holding the diamond in place
Does your partner love everything Disney? Do they have a favourite movie? Here are some ring ideas:
- A setting designed in the shape of the Tangled sun symbol and a diamond in the middle
- Similar to above, but in the shape of a rose for Beauty and the Beast – consider a using a red gemstone at the center
- A large diamond with two smaller ones to make it look like Mickey Mouse’s head
- A band made to look like a crown – choose a gemstone that matches the colour of their favourite Disney Princess
If your partner is a Pokémon fan, you need to first know which one is their favourite and go from there. Here are some ideas using the most popular Pokémon:
- Umbreon and Espeon setting holding their favourite gemstone
- Yellow-gold Pikachu on a white gold band, also holding a gemstone
- Charizard band holding a diamond in its mouth
- A centerpiece in the shape of Pokéball made up of red and white gems
Legend of Your Engagement Ring
What about something from the popular Legend of Zelda video game series? There are a number of iconic symbols to choose from that would make the perfect inspiration for a design.
- Triforce setting with a gem in the center
- One of the three spiritual stones from Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- The Hylian crest
- The Sheikah symbol
- A fairy with a blue gemstone and wings
Sailor Moon Engagement
Did your partner grow up loving Sailor Moon, even to this day? You’re in luck! There are lots of cute ring ideas that you can do with Sailor Moon, including:
- Crescent moon facing up with a gem inside
- Band with a center made to look like Sailor Moon’s moon stick (heart with gem inside)
- Pink diamond in the shape of a heart
- A design based off their favourite Scout’s astrological symbol
- Or go for a simple design with your partner’s birthstone on it
So Many Choices
There’s tons of inspiration out there when it comes to finding the perfect geeky engagement ring. Get a few ideas together and head to your favourite independent jeweller. They’ll be able to help you come up with a unique design that your partner will love.